Skip to content
Open menu Close menu

US Loans: Veterans Benefits

Full-time: available
Part-time: available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: available
Entry year: 2018/19
Undergraduate: available
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: available

About the loan

US citizens and eligible non-citizens can apply for William D.Ford Direct Loans, private loans through Sallie Mae or combination of both. Direct loans and Private Loans have different interest rates and students should investigate all options before borrowing.

US Veterans or their dependants can use funding to contribute towards tuition fees and living expenses and the University of Bradford participates in the VA Educational Benefits programme.  The Certifying Official at the University is the Student Financial Support Manager who can be contacted at

Courses currently certified by the US Department of Veterans Affairs can be found on their website.

If you are interested in studying a course that is not listed, you must advise us as soon as possible, because the approval process can take several weeks.

Please note that the University of Bradford, as a foreign school, is not able to take part in the Yellow Ribbon Programme.

Eligible countries

  • United States of America

Payment amount & frequency

School certification

The University will need to confirm your attendance before your benefits will be released. To do that you will need to provide us your social security number (SSN).

Once your certification has been submitted you will be notified.

Receiving funds

Please find the latest information about VA Payment Rates for 2018/19 Academic Year from the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs webpage.

Tuition payments will be made directly to the University after proof of enrolment. Housing stipends are paid monthly to the student.

The US Department of Veterans Affairs is currently unable to provide a timeframe for when students will receive funds once enrolment certification has been submitted. Please contact the Department directly to enquire about the status of your benefits.

Please visit Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.

How to apply

You can use the online application to fill out and submit your application online.

Once the US Department for Veterans Affairs has confirmed that you are eligible to receive benefits under the Post 9-11 GI Bill you should contact the University to see if the programme of study you wish to undertake is registered with the VA.

Programs are approved for in-residence training only. The US Department of Veterans Affairs cannot pay benefits for distance learning.

Share this