University of Bradford Sports Scholarship Scheme
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2016/17
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: available
Application deadline: 26 August 2016
About the scholarship
University of Bradford Sport are offering scholarships to assist with the development of its student athletes. The offer is available to all new students attending the University of Bradford, and is open to all nationalities. Three tiered packages are available (Gold, Silver and Bronze) and are assessed based on an individual’s sporting and academic history.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Tuition fee assistance (dependent upon package offered)
- Sport Science access (strength and conditioning; physiotherapy; performance analysis)
- Career and academic support
- Sports massage access
- Free sports membership and athletic union fee waiver
- Discounted sports kit packages (dependent upon package offered)
The scholarship will remain active throughout your course; however you will be expected to maintain certain objectives which will be evaluated at the end of each academic year. A review will be conducted at the end of each academic year, the outcome of the review will determine the continuation of scholarship funding into the next academic year.
- Students must be in the process of applying to study at The University of Bradford. Current students will not be accepted; however current students progressing to a postgraduate degree can apply.
- Students must be of regional, national or international standard in their sport and/or show strong evidence of future outstanding potential.
- Student must have the necessary academic background to successfully gain a place on a course at The University of Bradford.
- Students transferring from another University to study at Bradford can apply for the scholarship.
- Students must adhere to the conditions of the award.
Students from all countries, who meet the criteria, are eligible.
How to apply
Applications are now closed for 2016/17.
There are two rounds of applications:
- First application round – closing date Friday 15 July 2016
- Second application round – closing date Friday 26 August 2016
Your application will be carefully assessed by a panel consisting of sport and academic staff. Applicants will be contacted as soon as possible once a decision has been made. Applicants who applied for the first round should here by the end of July 2016. Applicants for the second round should hear by 9 September 2016. Any relevant course fees will be deducted automatically at enrolment. All other benefits of the scheme will commence in September following enrolment on your course.
If you require any assistance with your application please contact Dan Bacon (Sport Assistant) via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01274 23 3262
Closing date: 26 August 2016.