University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship
Part-time: not available
Prospective PG students (inc. current UG): available
Current PG students: not available
Entry year: 2015/16
Postgraduate taught: available
Postgraduate research: not available
Application deadline: 15 May 2015
About the scholarship
This scholarship is now closed for 2015/16.
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we can only notify successful applicants.
If you applied for the scholarship and have not heard from us by 30 June 2015, your application has been unsuccessful.
Formally the Countries in Crisis Scholarship.
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
- The scholarship is available for students on full time Master's programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
You must meet the minimum entry requirements (both academic and English Language) to be considered.
Who can apply?
- Students from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
- To be considered for a place on our Master's courses you will need to have achieved (or be about to achieve) the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (below).
- You will also need to meet our English Language requirements.
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Peoples Republic)
- Congo, Democratic Republic
- Timor Leste (East Timor)
- Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Korea (North), Democratic Peoples Republic of
- Maldive Islands
- Palestine; West Bank; Gaza Strip inc E Jerusa
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Tanzania, United Republic of
Payment amount & frequency
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000.
There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for students from Pakistan, there will be a further two scholarships available for students from the other countries listed above.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Closing date: 15 May 2015.
Find out more
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in June.
If you are successful you will be asked to submit an application to the university and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
Please note - only successful students will be notified of the outcome. If you have not heard from us by 30 June then your application has not been successful.
What else do I need to know?
Successful students must agree to be featured on the scholarships section of the University website and be included in other promotional materials such as the prospectus.
For further information or any queries you can:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01274 236637