Research at the Faculty of Health Studies
We focus on research themes that have a direct impact on the quality of care.
Our research is locally and internationally significant, undertaken in collaboration with NHS and other partners.
Our REF 2014 (Research Excellence Framework) results were outstanding:
- 92% of our research classified as world leading or internationally excellent
- In terms of impact, 100% of our research was judged as world leading or internationally excellent
Visit our dedicated Faculty research website to
- Apply for a PhD
- Find out about what to expect as a PhD student
- Meet our research team
- Find out about our research themes and impact
- View profiles of current students
- Browse FAQs
Meet the Team
Check out the work and interests of our supervisors and researchers at the Faculty of Health Studies.
How to apply for a PhD
Find out how to apply online, what supporting documents are needed with your application, and view our guide on how to write your research proposal