Visa Support Team
The Visa Support Team provides visa support for new and existing students at the University of Bradford and has overall responsibility for all visa issues related to Tier 4 and right to study for all non-EU students.
The team has 9 members of staff:
|Visa Support Manager||Naheeda Kauser|
|Visa Support Team Leader||Alexandra Warren|
|Visa Support Officers||Emma Sibson, Yolanda Ronkowski, Sangita Ahir-Sharp, Joanne Jordan and Kirsty Ibbitson|
|International Student Adviser||Sue Baker|
|Visa Support Assistant||Dawud Abdul-Rahim|
The team's main responsibilities are:
- Working closely with our Admissions teams.
- Issuance of Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to new and existing students;
- To provide specialist immigration advice to students and their families on their rights, bringing dependants to the UK, working during and after study, switching to other immigration categories;
- Working with Faculties to ensure information on attendance monitoring, change of circumstances and visa extension requests is referred in a timely manner;
- To provide advice to staff across the University on Tier 4;
- To provide Tier 4 training for all staff working with International students;
- To provide the link between the University and UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI);
- Facilitation of International student enrolment;
- To hold checkpoints in February and October; to ensure students are still meeting their Tier 4 responsibilities and their contact details are current;
- To keep records for all Tier 4 students, making sure that we are ready for a UK Visa & Immigration (UKVI) audit at all times;
- To report relevant change of circumstances for Tier 4 students to the UKVI;
- Assisting students with their Tier 4 visa application in and out of country.
- To provide an arrival, orientation and welcome programme for new international and EU students.
- To provide pastoral and welfare care for current international and EU students.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 1274 236900
Daily drop-in sessions
Students can also visit one of our Visa Support Advisers:
- Monday to Friday, 11.00am to 12.00pm, at The Hub, Richmond Building,
or our International Student Advisor:
- Monday to Friday, 13.00pm to 14.00pm, at The Hub, Richmond Building.